A Trip to Rawa

I’m going to tell you about my trip to Rawa. I went to Rawa with my friends you might of heard of in my blog post Going To Bintan Ms. Midy, Deven, and Suraya (Raya for short). I also went there with my mom’s mom (my grandma). Rawa is an island in Malaysia.

Anyways when we got to Rawa we checked into our room. The rooms were kind of on a hill and looked a bit like cabins. There were lots of peacocks and peafowls (peacocks are male and peafowls are female).

At Rawa my dad, mom, and I would go snorkeling and we saw pufferfish, clownfish, angelfish, and lots of other cool fish. There was also a big slide that would go to the ocean. My older brother Max got his diving certification and I had my first diving lesson.

My diving teacher asked if I wanted to go swim with sharks and I wasn’t really sure I wanted to go diving with sharks so I said “Maybe.” And we ended up not swimming with sharks but it still was fun. Like I touched a shark eggs. It felt soft and a bit mushy. And the diving teacher made multiple circle bubbles. It was really fun.

I also got a peacock feather. And I remember when my brother and a friend we made when we were there, we were going to play on a trampoline they had by the restaurant. A peacock had its feathers spread and usually that means he’s mad or he is trying to impress a peafowl. And it looked like he was mad at us for some reason so we left the trampoline after a while when the peacock was coming towards the trampoline.

There were also some rats there so we would put 3 rat traps with a coconut piece inside to when they tried to take the coconut piece the door to the cage would fall down and trap the rats.

After a few days we had to go. It was very fun at Rawa!

Here is a picture of a peacock

1 Comment on A Trip to Rawa

1. 89fitzpatrick
    March 5, 2021 at 6:50 pm (3 years ago)

That sounds like a cool place and what a fun trip! I love peacock feathers. The colors and designs are so pretty. It’s fun to read about your adventures.

Reply